Thursday, April 28, 2011

The strangest things make me cry

So here is a new one for you.  Deodorant made me cry.  There are still little physical bits of my life with Hope out and about at our house.  I am not ashamed to admit that I sleep with Froggy every night.  Froggy was Hope's favorite green friend.  It doesn't smell like her anymore.  Her favorite messenger bag from one of our vacations hangs in her bedroom.  As the steroids began to steal Hope's freedom from her we decided it easier to have items that we needed in multiple locations.  So we had lotion in the bathroom and bedroom, lip balms and deodorant.  We had some in our overnight bag for the times we traveled, you know the drill.  Well I've just about finished the last of the deodorants we shared.  That is how many we had, she's been gone for over 400 days... and I haven't bought deodorant.  That's kind of funny don't you think?  I am sad that one more thing that touched her skin will be gone.  Even deodorant.

"Grief changes shape.  But it never ends.  People have a misconception that you can deal with it and say "it's gone and I'm better.  They're wrong!-Actor Keanu Reeves whose daughter was born still. A quote from Compassionate Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment